Car accidents are an everyday thing in our country. About 2.35 million people are injured or disabled in the United States, while Georgia alone equates to 4.7% of those injured or disabled (GA Highway Safety Administration). However, it does not make them any less upsetting. Car Accidents can leave you feeling scared and confused, making you feel like you've been left alone to handle insurance companies, medical bills, and loss of income. Let Don Turner Legal Team help you with you car accident. Our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys will ease your stress and seek the just compensation you deserve in a timely manner.
Top Ten Reasons for Auto Accidents
- Drunk Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Running Red Lights
- Night Driving
- Design Defects
- Wrong-Way Driving/Improper Turns
Time is imperative. Call your Georgia Personal Injury Attorney Today!
Schedule a free case evaluation by calling our law firm at 770-594-1777, or contact us online. Our law firm accepts personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe no lawyer fees unless you get compensated for your injuries.
Limit the damage from your car wreck with a car accident attorney
Unfortunately, car accidents are just a part of life in our country. The more time you spend in your car, the greater the odds that you will have a car accident. In fact, studies have shown that over 5.8 million auto accidents occur per year, injuring around 1.6 million people nationwide. The aftermath of these collisions can have a major impact on your life, so you need to do everything in your power to protect yourself. If you have been in an auto accident, you should contact our legal team immediately. One of our experienced personal injury lawyers can go over the details of your case and design a successful strategy for you.
How do you determine who is at fault?
In most states, it depends on the law of negligence. When you are driving you have a certain “Duty of Care” toward the people on the road with you. It means that you have to do everything you can to keep other drivers, pedestrians and cyclists safe. If you are proved to have been acting negligently then you will have breached that duty and you can be said to be “at fault” or the cause of the accident. Negligence will usually be defined as you doing something that a reasonable person would not do in your situation.
What should I do if I have just been in an accident?
Car accidents cause trauma even when you are physically uninjured so you may not be thinking as clearly as you normally would. If you have been in a car accident, keep the following in mind:
- Check on yourself, your passengers and the other driver to see if anyone needs medical attention.
- Keep your mouth shut. Don't say anything like “I'm sorry” or “I didn't see you” because even if you are just being polite, it can be taken as admitting responsibility. It is best to avoid talking with the other driver except to swap insurance information.
- Call the police and swap insurance information.
- If your phone can take pictures then you should document the auto accident as thoroughly as possible. Also, get the names of any witnesses and take notes about what happened. It may get hazy later and you will need to refresh your memory.
- Contact the Don Turner Legal Team now